Camp Quest provides an educational adventure shaped by fun, friends and freethought, featuring science, natural wonder and humanist values.
Values we teach: integrity, empathy, creativity, critical thinking, and community.
Camp Quest envisions a world in which children grow up exploring, thinking for themselves, connecting with their communities, and acting to make the most of life for themselves and others.
Through our programs we seek to:
- Develop supportive communitiesfor freethinking families
- Foster curiosity, scientific inquiry, and critical thinkingin young people to enable them to draw their own conclusions
- Cultivate reason and empathyas foundations of an ethical, productive and fulfilling life
- Provide a safe and fun environmentfor personal and social growth
- Encourage explorationof the natural world
- Promote an open dialogue about metaphysical questions that is marked by challenging each other’s ideas while at the same time treating each other with respect
- Raise awareness of positive contributions made by atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, and other nontheistic people to our society
- Demonstrate atheism and humanism as positive, family-friendly worldviews
These principles guide our operations:
- Grassroots innovation – empowering local leaders, exploring new approaches, sharing what works
- Practicality – taking action, creating solutions, providing hands-on support
- Courage – speaking out, challenging ourselves and others, audaciously advancing our mission
- Integrity – standing up, engaging honestly, living our principles
- Cooperation – sharing ideas, working together, cultivating community
- Empiricism – testing ideas, building from evidence, rejecting what doesn’t work